Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wellshire Farms: gluten-free LOSER


Boooo, hisssss.

I just received an e-mail from Celiac Chicks regarding Wellshire Farms. Unbeknownst to me, they've been under fire for fraud. Apparently their "gluten-free" foods aren't entirely gluten-free.

Now, I've got a milder case of Celiac than most, so trying their (admittedly delicious) chicken bites a few months ago didn't make me blow up like a balloon. Lucky me. A lot of other people have had reactions, and the Chicago Tribune had the bites tested at a lab to find that they did in fact have traces of gluten in them. Bummer for us, because holy hell are they tasty... perhaps because they have a little gluten in them?

Regardless, please do not encourage Wellshire Farms by sending them your money. When you're craving a little chicken nugget bliss, stick with Bell & Evans or Ian's.

1 comment:

birdilicious said...

I knew Gluten means flavor!